Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: RISC and EWS

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Beta-Decay's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Has anyone used a RISC-based computer with the EWS?

    If you have, how does it perform?

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Arnoud de Jong's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What RISC based computers did you have in mind? The only ones I ever worked with are Acorn Risc computers. But they have a completely different operating system and architecture, so the EWS is out of the question here. For the rest it's a well known fact that RISC computers perform very fast.
    Just curious,
    Arnoud.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Beta-Decay's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was thinking along the lines of the Acorn.
    I know they are very fast which is why I was wondering if the EWS would work with it.

    I bought an Asus board so it doesn't matter anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •